Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

WK4 Reading: Response to LeVonda Vickery



I loved the story of the teacher who shaved her head because of the student who underwent chemotherapy and the other students were making fun of her baldness.  What a great way to take charge of a situation instead of letting it get out of hand and head into that downward spiral Zander speaks of.  I have a dream to teach and believe that dream is well within my "arena of possibility."  Zander made a really good point about how a vision does not require one to win, but merely to play into the possibility.  His words on how a personal crisis can lead to the creation of a vision that turns a life of possibility sang out to me about the past year or so of my life and how I have taken the my job loss and divorce not as a sign of failure, but rather as a sign to have a new beginning full of possibilities and dreams.  This book has helped me to realize that all the negativity about not having a job and never even being called for a job interview to teach does not define who I am.  My thinking either positive or negative is what defines me and my actions allowing me to choose to explore my own world of possibilities in order to move forward in my life and ignite that spark in others around me.

Response to LeVonda Vickery

New beginnings present themselves in all forms. Sometimes I think we are so caught up in our emotions, it makes it hard to recognize our situation as a new beginning. I swear, that quote “What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger” is absolutely true. Although you may have perceived some situations in your life as negative, think about how differently they have allowed you to see life.  I think knowing you can survive through difficult times opens up a world of possibilities in itself.  Stay positive!



No comments:

Post a Comment