Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wk3-1 DB Quickie


The technology teacher in my school district is very overwhelmed with both providing technology classes to every grade level as well as doing all the troubleshooting. On many occasions I have provided ideas and sites to incorporate in some of the classes. Although, I know she considered them, I would like to think that a lack of time has prevented her from incorporating them. I work in a wealthy district and I am not sure that technology education is as big of a priority as it should be. As a member of our Professional Development Committee, I have even suggested a technology coach for the teachers. As a teacher, I know that there is a lack of time with trying to fit everything in. A technology coach would be so beneficial to the teachers. Someone who can show them how they can integrate what needs to be covered, using technology as both a tool for delivery and a resource. I have gotten the same polite nod and thank you while the idea is written down in front of me. I am not in a position to do much else. I am hoping a future position elsewhere will provide me that that opportunity. Until then, I will keep giving ideas with a smile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment