Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wk2 Free choice




I have been listening to podcasts and thinking about how I would use them in school with my students. I teach kindergarten and one of my favorite things to do is read stories. I love to hear my student’s thoughts and interpretations of the stories. The podcasts and the reading of “The Art of Possibility” got me thinking about how podcasts can allow students to step out of the box and really think about what is possible. When I read stories to my students I provide them with the book and the illustrations. In a way I am saying these are the authors words and these pictures are the way he/she wants you to see it. Stories on podcasts allow students to hear the words but create their own pictures. I wonder how their interpretations of the stories would vary. I plan on using the podcasts, then asking my students to draw the pictures to go along with it. The possibilities will most definitely be different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment